Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

International Mail-Art meeting

Sztuka Fabryka
International Mail-Art meeting
July 26, 2002 12:03AM
<HTML>On Saturday 10 May 2003 (date yet to be confirmed) a Mail-Art meeting will take place during a two week long happening around "Art & Technology" and the 15th International "Independent Music & Arts"-Festival.
Write us if you want to join this Mail-Art meeting with performances, exhibitions, ... and we send you information about the hotel where you can stay and we keep you up to date about this Mail-Art meeting. Some other activities are planned for Friday evening and Sunday.Visit our website for more information. [www.sztuka-fabryka.be]

Saturday 10 May 2003: international Mail-Art meeting at the "Playground" with opening Mail-Art exhibition "Chess", performances of Mail-artists and Mail-Art meeting.
- Performances, video, guest-exhibition, installation, lectures, workshop, ...
- International Mail-Art meeting: see underneath
- And much more ...
Some ideas were mentioned at latest assembly about the Festival. Such as to organise with the local youth a workshop about Mail-Art. To give them an introduction in artistamps, eraser carving, artists books, Mail-Art ... This workshop will take place together with the performances to bring them the joy of Mail-Art. It is just an idea, but if you like it and you would like to work together with the youth tell us.
- Multi-media events - 'Art & Technology' - workshops - robots

WE ARE LOOKING FOR artists who want to add their creativity with the atmosphere of 'The Playground':
- Performances: give us a proper idea of what kind of performance (artistic, literature, musical, ...) you would like to realise and what you ask (costs) from us in return.
- Videos: which can be played at our video-corner (catalogue to every contribution).
- Guest-exhibition: which artist wants to come and show his art to our visitors.
- Installation: the space give the possibility to work out any kind of installation.
- Lectures, workshops, ...: if you have an idea just send it to us and we might give you the possibility to accomplish it.
All this will be part of the programmation at "The Playground", if you are interested send us your proposal or contribution to:

Sztuka Fabryka - c/o De Decker Geert Kerkstraat 290 - 9140 Tielrode - Belgium
Tel. & Fax: ++32 (0)3-770 84 64
e-mail: art@sztuka-fabryka.be
SZTUKA FABRYKA Gallery: [www.sztuka-fabryka.be];
Mr. Waverly
Re: International Mail-Art meeting
July 30, 2002 09:02AM
<HTML>Sztuka,
I am interested in the video performance corner. In 1976 I began recording my daughter Andrea on super 8. Then I used a Haminex Camera and projector. It took me two years to pay for it. By the eighties already video cameras were being phased in and Super 8 was being phased out and very difficult to find film in local shops etc. Finally my camera was broken because I lent it out. Since then my daughter did drawings of the projector in high school art class. Two years ago I had about 400 feet of
super 8 film transfered from Super 8 to video. There are also scenes with famous artist Matt Straub. QWhat am I asking. Can titles be addded to the video program itself. When they did the transfer in Hollywood or it's environs from my local Wolf camera store they added very nice elevator music. It also has scenes of a Montessouri school and a day of hang-gliding at the beach. Something everyone does these days without even thinking about it...recording their lives. But at that time for me it was only for special occassions and family pictures. So there are many scenes of opening presents. As my daughter grew from small baby to small child. Thank you if you know of a solution for presentation so that people would know what it is.
Yours truly,
Jacqueline Disler</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.