Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Call for mail art: The M.A.R.S. Project

Richard Yates
Call for mail art: The M.A.R.S. Project
June 04, 2005 06:30PM
<HTML>Call for Mail Art!!!

The M.A.R.S. Project (Mobile Arts Road Show) launches this July. Primary exhibition sites will be in south-west Washington and Oregon along the Interstate 5 corridor and down the Washington and Oregon coast (including several college campuses, beaches, and freeway rest areas.) This is an open call and entries will be added to the exhibit as they arrive (although the exhibition might have to go ?indoors? when the winter weather sets in, usually around September in this part of the U.S.)

There are no theme restrictions. If you want to create a ?M.A.R.S. Project? logo or space / Martian / rocket ship / alien collage or cartoon that would be great, but it is not a requirement for inclusion in the exhibition. Because this is an outdoor project I want to be able to fit all of the exhibits into sheet protectors, so I?m asking for all entries to be 8 ? by 11 inches or smaller, but other than this restriction any format will be accepted: Collages, cartoons, ATCs, postcards, envelope art, photography, anything, even 3D, as long as it fits in a sheet protector. Sequential works broken up over several 8 ? by 11 ?panels? (diptych, triptych, or longer) are also encouraged.

All entries become the property of the exhibit and will be scanned, archived, and posted on the M.A.R.S. Project site (along with any information about when and where the road show will be stopping next.) If you want production credits, email or snail mail addresses, or any other information posted (or not posted) along with your artwork (either at the live exhibit or on the site) don?t forget to include this with your entry.

Send entries to:

The M.A.R.S. Project
c/o Richard Yates
2808 Florida St.
Longview, WA 98632
U.S.A.

If you have any questions about the M.A.R.S. Project feel free to email me at:

replicant8@yahoo.com

or check the blog site:

[themarsproject.blogspot.com]

Thanks!
Richard</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.