Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

To Master Craig

kiyotei
To Master Craig
May 17, 2001 06:27PM
<HTML>Slavery is in your mind.

Huang Po said, "Those who seek truth by means of intellect and learning only get further and further away from it. Not till your thoughts cease all their branching here and there, not till you abandon all thoughts of seeking for something, not till your mind is motionless as wood or stone, will you be on the right road to the Gate."

It is not a matter of censorship - but one of bandwidth.

I have enjoyed your work very much - your creativity and humor are appreciated among tricksters. I could do without the aborted fetuses - but whatever you've gotta say - just do it. I would like to see your pixels echo across cyberspace and gain some digital immortality in the process.

The problem is one of storage. Are you willing to pay for the right to post here? Someone must. I am not sure what Merlin pays to host crosses.net - BUT most web hosts have a limit (Like 50 Megs or so) and charge extra for exceeding the size limit. Graphics are space-gobblers, even when optimized.

This is free speech but not free of costs.

Instead of uploading all your graphics to crosses.net, why not just write the code and point to an URL where it is stored? Do you have any hard drive space on the Internet? There are BooCoo free sites like Fiberia 50Megs.com and Geocities.

Merlin is a good man. His misunderstandings are mainly unintentional.

He can kiss you and kill you in the same day - these are not threats just the poetry of madness. The harmony of chaos and stream-of-consciousness diluted by a unknown language.

Don't take it personal - he has killed me many times.

I have asked Merlin to create new forums so that the information is less cluttered. Perhaps a forum for posting mailart calls only, one for posting mailart news and discussion, and one for posting graphics of mailart and emailart? All Spam or off topic posts would them be deleted or moved to the appropriate forum. Would this be censorship?

The previous boards did not have this flexibility and these kind of options.

Why do you create? Is it for fun or profit? Are you driven to confrontation or interested in expanding your contacts?

This forum (crosses.net is at least the 3rd location of the board) has moved around a bit - but the community has shifted with the changes and remains largely intact. This is a community, Craig - It's not about Merlin or you - it's about us - Are you one one us?

Ease up a bit and I'll share the secret handshake with you :-)

Have some fun and share your light with us.

kiyotei
(mutt tzu)</HTML>
kiyotei
Re: technicalities
May 17, 2001 08:41PM
<HTML>50-75 is ok, however at your current pace you will exceed 7 terabytes by next week. A payment form is relative - in dollars or stamps?

I do not seek to divide the forum only to categorize it - read any good encylopedias lately?
People use this forum for different things - it would make it easier for those who are seeking just the latest mailart calls to find them.

This board has approximately 30-40 regular posters and possibly 4X that amount of lurkers, who read but never post.

I agree with your comments on art-action, but will you not agree that communication and education have a place as well in your world.

This community has taught me many things. If you will stop shouting so loudly in the tent you might just see an animal act or two.
See you in the circus!

An address is not required - i know you are the proverbial <b><i>outsider</i></b>! Hear that noise behind you? - It might just be a canine yelp coming from beyond the trees. You are quite accessable via email - that is sufficient for me.

Although you may think that this forum is only a virtual plaything and has no real value, I don't believe you are the kind of person to walk into a restaurant and start yelling at the diners gathered there. Would you not respect their right to enjoy a meal in comfort?
Why then do you feel the need to cause a commotion here?
These are well known troll-tactics: <a href="[world.std.com] FAQ</a>
Perhaps you would find the newsgroups more enjoyable to your tastes?
alt.kibology anyone?

via con dios compadre
P.S. - I fear nothing but airplanes.

<b><font color="#FF0000">kiyotei</font></b>
(sugar-high)</HTML>
honoria
Re: mail art est mort
May 18, 2001 07:06PM
<HTML>I'm have a feeling that Vittore Baroni would be amused to learn that one of the many announcements of the death of Mail Art is attributed to him.

Mail art thought about itself when Ray sunk. Baroni thought about Ray and the network and realized that while part of the network is moving out with the current other parts are moving in...

In his writings Baroni discussed the potential of future activities of mail artists on the Internet and his reservations about the limited access of mail artist, espcially in Italy, to networked computers and suggested that he will be in a better position to judge the Internet in relation to mail art actions when the "jargon and hype surrounding the [inter]Net have vanished a bit"

Baroni holds and broadcasts a positive attitude about creative networking and the activities in the Mail Art Network that encompass many media including the converging electronic media. Baroni stated that the mail art network has developed respectful strategies that can be useful to cybernetworking when he wrote "I hope that some of the "golden rules" of mail art will find their way into the cyber-community, because what I see and read now regarding what's going on in the Net isn't always that free and open."
And when he wrote "I believe a mail artist approach to Internet will always be much more free-and-easy than the approach of people who had no previous netwroking experiences."

I'ts been 6 years since the death of mail art quoted by Craig and I'm still receiving some pretty amazing mail art in my mail box as a result of my most recent 2001 call -- Clashing and Converging: Mail Art and Internet.

Craig developed a good strategy on the yahoo boards. He created a place to post and discuss images called i-mailart at [groups.yahoo.com]. Since i-mailart already exists it would be a perfect place to post digital mail art.

hopefully,
honoria</HTML>
Merlin
Re: technicalities 500K are ok today but
May 18, 2001 11:52PM
<HTML>1st it willl load very slow load in your Broser!!!!
second it will kick free mailartists out of domainspace wepay for.....
third this is stupid in internet.....

websites we are using here....

<you red my files- I am sharing for free!!!!!?
#

Meehrling</HTML>
Merlin
Re: Did I call U master - called Merlin,
May 19, 2001 12:07AM
<HTML>Hey Folks, we wANT NOT TO START A WAR!!!?!
we means:

Merlin or klaus Rupp, master K, Craig,

SEEMS U NEVER RECOCNIZED THAT!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>for instance, Hans Braumueller -- famous Mailartist,
living at Hamburg, Germoney, born in Chile too ----

is the Person that made this Con+ac+s working

this boards, scripts, software -- where are U`rs???

Slow down please, !!!

U are welcome here very well!!!111

This is no professionally buyed account of yahoo or t-online or
microsoft,,,,

just free websspace but-
we have to built it up for free by own wisdom!

for you!

give yorus to help all free spritits her pleeeeaaase insted of

U are welcome!

hey master K want U first! no risk, no fun!
- no risk for U! Merlin is promising!

Merlin is no Censor at last but one Protector of freee
souls first and hating violations anyway, mabbe much
too fast over - re- acting it seems.....

but your - freee?
Friend.

truely
ours....</HTML>
<HTML>yes he is mastering, Merlin too , but- you see,

the heart is hurt very deep!

pictures of hate and .....

this is ok!

Merlin not ownly is a lover too---

Merlin is a hater too so I accept

Craigs art too and agree, but,

craig?s kind of bombombing just
those who knew this very well is absolutele

ineffectivee -nothing from nothing leads to nothing!1

worth for microsoft common clipart!

isn???t it? even I think your art is very
important!!!!!!

yours!!</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.