Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Ivan Preissler

Ken Miller
Ivan Preissler
July 17, 2002 04:38AM
<HTML>Hello,
Sorry to send everyone sad news, but the other day I got a note from Ivan Preissler's mother informing me that Ivan had died suddenly in April of a serious illness.

I first exchanged mail art with Ivan back in 1994, and he was one of my earliest mail art contacts. He was innovative, always trying something new with xerox, collage, ink, and watercolor. I finally had the chance to meet Ivan in 2000 when Mary and I visited Prague. His rudimentary English skills and the complex, abstract concepts he liked to talk about made understanding him a bit difficult for us, but he was brilliant and interesting and had a wonderful sense of humor. We will certainly miss him very much.

He lived with his mother, so if you which to send condolences, her address is:
Eva Preisslerova
Elisky Premyslovny 382
156 00 Praha 5 - Zbraslav
Czech Republic

Please pass this information on to anyone you think would be interested...

Best Wishes,
Ken

PS- The attached image is the last piece of mail art Ivan sent me in January, 2002.</HTML>
Lovesexy
Re: Ivan Preissler
July 18, 2002 10:25AM
<HTML>Dear Mr. Miller,
I am heartily sorry your friend is dead. In recent days we have been informed that another artists' son had committed suicide and now this news. I hope you are not too grieved and depending on your age and other factors you may find that grieving will take odd and subtle effects. Really Sir, I am sorry for your loss and for his mother's loss. This is becoming a kind of occupational hazard extending sincere and confused sympathies to strangers. I guess you can ask John Held, Jr. why it is called the eternal network. Catch a falling star and good night to you.
Love as in Agape,
Jacqueline Disler</HTML>
sci sam
Re: Ivan Preissler
July 25, 2002 10:06AM
<HTML>hmm thats too bad. I remember him as having a great ability to design simple shapes that seemed really stylistic and graceful

sci sam</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.