Advanced

please give me new suggestions

Merlin
please give me new suggestions
September 15, 2002 02:58AM
<HTML>Merlin?s home is overflooded with Mailartartworks, 60 percents are
archived and answered.....

It cuts my room to live in my flat.

It hurts my wish to walk on in this way.

My Idea is: to digitalize it and to send alltehardwareART out again.

Or do someone know some Museum collecting all your artworks I?ve
got?

and so on....

Your Ideas PLEASE!

Your Merlin.

truely
and
yours</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
recycle mail art!
September 18, 2002 11:02AM
<HTML>Yes, yes,! There is also a fello over there in Europe whose name escapes me now but he has an archive. He asked folks to send him there "used mail art". And then there is Lothar Trott who says recycle, don't archive. There is no guilt. Do with your mail art as YOU wish! I see it as a gift to you. There are no rules.

~Dragonfly Dream</HTML>
Merlin
Re: recycle mail art!
September 24, 2002 12:49AM
<HTML>Thank You my Dragon,
flying.

Lothar is a true M.A. and a very strong creative spirit.

a really strong one.#

# like U.

I lost my time to settle any pond nor
koi.

We?ll see what happens.+

thank You very much

merlin</HTML>
Euridiycheans
Re: recycle mail art!
September 26, 2002 01:01PM
<HTML>Merlin,
This is completely from the soccor field but I recently sent something to The Sharjuh Museum in the United Arab Emerites. I haven't received a reply yet and it was pretty off the wall mailart so I don't expect too much. If you want this adress i will give it to you.
Love and Peace,
Jacqui</HTML>
honoria
archives in research institutions
September 20, 2002 02:41PM
<HTML>I suggest that you contact John Held Jr., Mark Bloch, Stephen Perkins, Anna Banana, and Judith Hoffberg. John sold some of his archive to the Getty Museum, the work was very well organized and documented when he sold it. He also donated a sizable diverse collection to the Smithsonian Institution. Mark Bloch donated his archive to the University of Ohio. Judith Hoffberg donated hers, professionally caltaloged and organized, to the University of California. Stephen Perkins is at the University of Iowa and knows about their collection, I believe it focuses on assembly projects (I'm not sure whose mail art is there). Anna Banana placed some of her collection in the Postal Museum of Canada. In Europe I know Geert De Decker is collecting mail art for his archive in Belgium and so is Guy Bleus. -- good luck -- I'm like David I send things along to the next lucky person, although I do also frame some things for my welcoming wall of Mail that you see the minute you walk into my apartment.</HTML>
Ty got 9 seconds
Re: archives in research institutions
September 20, 2002 10:54PM
<HTML>Honoria,
Was it dragonfly drama who encouraged us to see Amelie? I loved it and you know Honoria if it's in a frame it's aRT. Your wall sound lovely. I went to see the Penn show but missed Richtor. As I said to the Duchess "Hat's Off!"
Love,
Jacquelie</HTML>
Merlin
Re: archives in research institutions
September 23, 2002 11:05PM
<HTML>Thank You very much!

So I have to archive my archives forst very new... before spreading it and / or giving it completeley away....

for saving it.

I?d been out of this non-buisiness for some years while my
body refused to work, and my soul too for a while.

Now my problem is to work with all this archives again and or to
give it away if I feel not able to do this......

I`s really heavy to decide what to do ?cause Mailart
was / is pART of my life...

But sooner or later I have to act again within or without.

Thank YOU and all FRIENDS for Information and postings.

Truely and Yours

Merlin</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.