Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

bickering-fighting-ranting

Dragonfly Dream
bickering-fighting-ranting
May 23, 2001 12:26AM
<HTML>Hi, was away, now I'm back....I definatly will not read all the messages. I scan and read what interests me. From what I have gathered there was much bickering going on again on the board. I was part of a list that did not enjoy the postings of a certain individual, so sadly he was fussed at about it, banned, censored, rejected. Well in these online list we all can do as we see fit. I am on a list where one woman's posting drive me nuts. so I can not accept those posts. Fine,easy. I actually enjoy differing opinions now and then. I'm thrilled this board exists. I can read what I want, not read the rest. No big deal. Art on!</HTML>
craig
bicker.jpg
May 23, 2001 02:49AM
<HTML>Is Art's purpose for your enjoyment and make you feel good ?
It can be but it doesn't have to be...</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
Re: bicker.jpg
May 23, 2001 05:08PM
<HTML>Ummm, I think our statement above is true most of the time, BUT some art definatly is not created for enjoyment but for shocking reactions, political reasons, or just because. For example ears ago some artist did some odd things, he filled a mason jar with urine and then placed an upside down wooded cross in the jar. This pissed alot of people off, (pun intended). Me, I just thought gross, not being a religeous person it didn't bother me from that standpoint. But just plain gross from the urine point. And then there was the artist who pianted a big cnvas white. That's it, nothing else. Why??? Who knows. And then there is the old typewriter that is set on flames and burns. Who knows why art is made... I make art to speak the words I might not be able to say, to dream the dreams not yet fullfilled. I mkae art to sing the songs I don't know the words to or have the voice to speak..... And every now and then I do it just because!</HTML>
honoria
Re: just lost my temper
May 25, 2001 05:20AM
<HTML>Bickering seems to be a recurring theme on message boards. I used to be the community director on wholefoods.com and although much information was exchanged in the online community, some people hated whole foods so much that they expressed only intense anger. Their anti-wholefoods arguments were allowed to remain on the boards, even though it was a corporate website, because the wholefoods teams really did research all the questions that were posted on the boards. It was more interesting to value the arguments than to delete them. I learned a lot about some very serious environmental issues in that job.

Sometimes I wonder why message boards can bring out uncivil dialog. To make a clear reasoned argument that will stand up to a published medium such as a message board should encourage civil exchange instead of hostility and resentment. Message boards are not a dialog. They are a multilog. "Multilog" is a word I recently learned. Mulitlog was used by Ken Freidman to describe mail art.

We are all learning networking skills in the new media of the information age. Added to the experience of mail art networking I think mail artists and people attracted to mail art have an advantage of experience, trust, and an ingrained respect for differences. This board is mail art in an evolutionary moment in time.

-- honoria</HTML>
Merlin
Re: just lost my temper
May 23, 2001 09:27PM
<HTML>Sorry!!!

This is not my first board - just testing the third or forth I set up,
I?ve got some technical problems while my computer seems to
get bse - bovine-spongine-encephality too - and smelled that craig-
I met before acts like a troll sometimes... and

Lost my temper, switched the board to "moderated" - all postings
red at the round table first - and repaird the hard and software.

Instead I should have had keep my fingers out looking to a self-
shutting-down board and building it after again.

Yes, this is not a place to fight.

Hey Craig, do you know something about the German Artist
Klaus Staeck??? Once I met him and worked together with him.

Peace,
Temper,
and
Art

Merlin</HTML>
craig
demdemscontrol.jpg
May 25, 2001 07:53PM
<HTML>tempers will soon be flaring in the US Senate</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.