Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: Anna Banana -

Merlin
Anna Banana -
May 26, 2001 11:14PM
<HTML>yes maybe she lookslike a queen in ma. for producing artistamps for money - I don?t think so!!

Mailart arised long before - she ownly used it to find their own payed job there - even I like the artistamps she created very much - part of my
exhibition/show at museum - her decicion!

also Ray is not the father of mailart -- even he forced it in Fluxus-
times - like others.....

Regards to Anna Bananna!

very good work- why not to make money while setting up offfsetprints
of so called artistamps - artists or not , just born babies and .... I love
you! for hunddred of dollars..... --- it is ok!!

but - yours? without paying hundreds of dollars?
mine are stored at museums worldwide... without this...

Mailart
# rules

(ssnailmaill)

Merlin</HTML>
honoria
May 27, 2001 11:23PM
<HTML>Anna Banana experiences pure, not-for-money, mail art all the time and has for many years. It is wonderful that Anna Banana's interest in printing gave her a way to start her own business in a field related to her art. Her business serves mail artists as well as non-mail artists who choose to engage her professional printing services. Anna Banana gives sheets of her artist stamps to mail artists and participates in shows and exchanges for free. Please don't mistake Anna Banana's business and self-employment as a conflict with her mail art ideals. I interviewed Anna for my research and I was very impressed with her decades-long committment to high ideals in her values in participating in mail art network activities.</HTML>
David Cammack
May 28, 2001 05:05AM
<HTML>It's extremely difficult for a woman to "make it" as an artist, so any woman who does deserves our full suport.

I ordered some perfed paper from anna a while back and received the paper and a bunch of "artist" stamps in return. Some of the stamps where cheesey, but some where of merit. All where thought provoking.

David C.</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.