Please participate in research study
May 27, 2001 11:40PM
<HTML>MAIL ART NETWORK AND THE INTERNET --
An Interview with YOU!
Please contribute to honoria's dissertation research
Deadline: December 31, 2001
-- PARTICIPATE IN THIS INTERVIEW
--- COMPLETE THIS FORM ONLINE OR THROUGH EMAIL
Please add your data to this interview project!
Feel free to fill out this whole questionnaire by email or snail mail, or, you may enter into a one-question-at-a-time interview conducted via email or snail mail with me. I will be grateful for your interest and eager for your participation.
For more information write
honoria
2505 Enfield Road #15
Austin, TX 78703 USA
honoria@cyberopera.org
FOCUS ON PRESENT AND FUTURE
Although there are a few initial establishing questions to determine your experiences, this research is not about the past or the history of Mail Art. Research focus is on the present, the future, and on the effects of the Internet on the Mail Art Network. It is important to study the ways mail artists now use both the postal systems and the electronic systems during this transitional era in global networks. Please use the nine questions at the end of this questionnaire to contribute your ideas, your experiences, your dreams, your stories, your aesthetics, and your visions of the present and the future.
LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOU
- Your Mail Art name
- Other names
- Your email address
- Your postal address
- Your phone number
YOUR PERMISSION
I give my permission to use my responses to the questions on this form in honoria's (Madelyn Starbuck's) University of Texas at Austin doctoral dissertation data and published dissertation that will be printed and posted on the EMMA website.
__Yes __No
I am interested in being contacted for a personal follow up interview about comparisons between Mail Art and Internet artistic issues.
__Yes __No
YOUR EXPERIENCE IN TWO NETWORKS
This academic research targets artists who have both of the following networking experiences.
You have actively been involved in the international Mail Art Network as a participating Mail Artist for at least five years;
AND
You have active experience using networked computers for at least one year. If you have both kinds of experience please tell me your ideas and stories and thoughts about the present and the future.
PLEASE DESCRIBE YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES
How many years have you been active on the Internet?
If you have a website that includes Mail Art what is the URL?
What aspects of mail art are featured on your website?
PLEASE ANSWER NINE RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The basic question of this research is, "What are the effects of the Internet on the Mail Art Network?" The method of inquiry is to piece together a picture of the effects reported by Mail Artists themselves. I hope you will answer the following open-ended questions from your personal perspectives of both the Mail Art Network and online networking. Your answers will help to build the picture of the effects. If you have questions about this research project don't hesitate to contact me at honoria@cyberopera.org.
1. How did you first become involved in mail art?
2. Describe your personal current and future directions as a mail artist.
3. Describe your personal current and future directions using the Internet.
4. Please describe similarities in mail art and Internet networking systems, strategies, and values.
5. Please describe differences between mail art and Internet networking systems, strategies, and values.
6. What do you think are the general directions of Mail Art now and in the near future?
7. What do you think are the general directions of Internet networking now and in the near future?
8. Please provide the URLs and a brief description of your favorite mail art related website(s). What do you appreciate about the site(s)?
9. What have you learned from your networked art experiences?
Thank you for your thoughts and your generous participation!
Research report to be published on the Electronic Museum of Mail Art.
honoria</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.