Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

motivation ? ? ?

jcsuk
motivation ? ? ?
June 28, 2003 08:51AM
<HTML>I have found that when i talk to people about mail art they are generally curious as to what it is all about. More often than not the question 'Why?' is asked.

I am guessing that for someone who does not partake in the mail art network, from the outside it must appear to be a little baffling, that as an artist (or not as the case may be for other networkers) people are sending work, projects, ephemera to people that they do not know, whats more at financial cost to themselves.

So what is the motivation for practicing mail art, is there a sole motivation that all mail artists experience, or do we all have our own individual motivations for taking part and practicing.

I would be intersted to talk further with you all about your motivations and ideas about motivations other people you know or have encountered via the network.

jc</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
Re: motivation ? ? ?
July 02, 2003 04:46PM
<HTML>ummm, why, why do I do it? I dunno, maybe so I don't just have junk mail in my mail box.....naaahhh, it's more that that. I like to do it, I like to suprize someone with a little artistic piece of me. SOmedays it's postcards, other days it's artistamps, some days it's art, some day's it's not. I like sharing. I like communication. I like to stir people up and hopefully my art does that now and then.

~Dragonfly Dream</HTML>
jcsuk
July 02, 2003 08:20PM
<HTML>in a way its like finding out every day that you exist, when something unexpected lands on the door mat, it must have come from somewhere, somewhere or someone that has responded to one of your actions within the network.

I receive mail art, therefore i am ?</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
July 03, 2003 06:25AM
<HTML>i am, i am, ia m.........iam,

oh tee hee, i like this, yes, i am.....

giggles,
today was a day of no mail art, i cried.....</HTML>
<HTML>oh i have forgotten much...life has gotten in the way...i pick up sticks al the day long......
pink, pink,
pink ribbons have become my banner, breast cancer awareness, please visit my non profit...
www.dragonflydream.com/delight.html

pink has turned to gold....</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.