Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: communication

jcsuk
communication
June 28, 2003 09:04AM
<HTML>The communtion and interaction with other people in the network must be of importance to every mail artist in some way or form.

I am asking about what communication might mean to people involved with the mail art network? how do you define communication? and what sorts of communication do you have with other networkers?

lately i seem to be sending out ideas as add and pass sheets, these sheets i believe to be a meand to promote interaction and establish new connections within the network, by the possible use of the addresses that collect on such sheets. As far a si see it, i am not communicating in that i am having a two way dialogue with the person to whom i am sending. These sendings of such material might be seen or compared to talking \'at\' someone rather than \'to\' someone. I am sure that within the network this is acceptable, as it may be that a dialogue of response is created as the add and pass sheet moves from one to another person, collecting responses and new ideas.

your thoughts please

jc</HTML>
Ruud Janssen - IUOMA
Re: communication
June 28, 2003 02:28PM
<HTML>Communication is defined very well in the official world. Sender, receiver, communication-medium.

In Art the sender could be the artist. The receiver the audience. The artwork the communication-medium. In mail-art the communicationmedium is really the transport of the artwork from sender to receiver.

Technical definitions sometimes work the best.

Ruud Janssen</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.