Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

changing address tactics

jcsuk
changing address tactics
August 10, 2003 09:46PM
<HTML>I will be moving address in a month or so.(i will keep my mail art contacts posted with my new address when i find one !)

I have to contact the post office and arrange for my mail to be diverted and forwarded to my new address in the next week or so, this is always a pain as they believe my tag to be business mail rather than personal mail, which results in frustrated conversations with me attempting to explain that it is not a business, but my name, but its also not my real name (as on my biirth certificate).

I was wondering what other mail artists do to get their mail directed towards a new address, are there different procedures in different countries with the different postal systems, or do you simply just let everyone know in advance and hope ??

jc</HTML>
honoria
Re: changing address
August 12, 2003 11:06PM
<HTML>In the US, post offices will hold your mail for pick up until you can find a new address. When you have a new address there is a form to fill out for forwarding mail from the old address to the new address. The forwarding last about a year I think. I've moved twice since I became a mail artist and I know mail has gone astray, but most of it was forwarded with no hassle except filling out the form. Just in case, I told the people who moved into my old house my new address and they were nice about writing my new address and putting the mail back to be picked up again for correct delivery. One mail art system thing to do is to send the new address to Brain Cell for several times in a row. Many mail artists use Brain Cell to keep up to date with addresses.
good luck, honoria</HTML>
jcsuk
Re: changing address tactics
August 14, 2003 06:21PM
<HTML>many thanks guys for all your tips on getting mail diverted, ive picked up forms, and need to give 5 days notice, i should know my new address witha bit of luck by then.

meantime my mail art email address is

jcsynthetics@yahoo.co.uk

best wishes

jc</HTML>
honoria
Brain Cell Address
August 14, 2003 10:54PM
<HTML>BRAIN CELL -- RYOSUKE COHEN:

Please send me your stamp design, rubberstamp, or 150 stickers or seals. I will print or paste these materials onto the A3 size paper, creating 150 sheets. I will then send a sheet back with a list of addresses to each participant. I will publish at intervals of 8 to 10 days at that time will include 60 people or so. Brain Cell is always seeking a change, does not intend to settle and care of it's extension of the Network. So... don't mail a lump of stuff for several issues. Please send them to me one issue at a time, Thank you!

Ryosuke Cohen c/o Brain Cell
3-76-1-A-613 Yagumokitacho
Moriguchi City
Osaka 570 Japan

E-mail : braincell@k6.dion.ne.jp
[www.h5.dion.ne.jp];
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.