Pushkino, Moscow area, Russia

Deadline: August 1, 2004
Documentation CD ROM to all
Possible exhibition</HTML>
jcsuk
Re: New mail art project
September 03, 2003 08:50PM
<HTML>Juri

Good to see your posting for the project.

You request perforated artistamps.

I was wondering, would you be accepting unperforated artistamps? Only I have noticed that not all artistamps in the network are perforated, are you excluding these examples or are they perfectly acceptable as well ?

best wishes

jc</HTML>
Gik Juri
Perforation artistamps only
September 04, 2003 08:30AM
<HTML>Dear Phill!

No, I prefer perforated artistamps. I know, that a lot of artistamps in the network are unperforated. By the way, perforation is not in the list of attributes in the definition of usual stamp (in philatelic meaning).

I understand, that perforation is limitation for this project, and some people will not participate on this reason, but I'm ready for this.

With best wishes,
Juri</HTML>
Gik Juri
Re: Perforation artistamps only
September 05, 2003 06:18AM
<HTML>I think, it will be good idea to ignore text by this guy.</HTML>
jcsuk
September 06, 2003 10:16AM
<HTML>Juri

Thanks for your reply, clearly explained.

Ive found it interesting over the years how that after a project call, the response is always very different to what you may expect. Merlins suggestion of perforating in an alternitive way, could well provide you with some pleasant surprises.

I imagine that it is the translation of a project invite that gives us the colour that we may associate to mail art. If the contributions do not fit the bill exactly does this really matter? Does selective editing constitute censorship ? With Mail art being as i understand it \'democratic\' should there be selective editing of what is sent in reply to a project call, or is it the democratic right of the project instigator to allow themself to edit the response selectivly?

jc</HTML>
jcsuk
September 06, 2003 10:20AM
<HTML>I may add that following entering the spirit of mail art, we are all as networkers, willingly subjecting ourselves to whatever comes through our mail box. Therefore following a project call, are we not subject to whatever response arrives, regardless of its translation of the brief, or format? Are these translations and interpritations all as valid, as a response that is ridgid with the orriginal request?

jc</HTML>
Gik Juri
September 08, 2003 09:43AM
Phill!

I think, both are true, but I like more first.

With best wishes,
Juri
Merlin
September 06, 2003 01:22AM
<HTML>To perforate the own artworks should not really become a problem for a mailartist!

Use Needles or tools for ..... and........ it?s easy to do... if necessary.

If U are angry about the limitation by perforation - byte ito your
stamp- sheets and show this theme there.

This is MAILART!

We are free to join those inviting artists in any free but true way.</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.