Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

calendar for mail art events world wide?

Dawn Amato
calendar for mail art events world wide?
October 04, 2003 01:13AM
I giess the title tells it all. Is there a single-spot that gives info on the festivals that are going on. I notice on some of the calls they will mention that a festival or something will be schedule to display the call. But does one just have to try and ferret this info out or is there a calendar that mail artist can note their up-coming functions with the idea that other mail artist can maybe go. Just asking. Yahoo groups used to have a calendar function but do they still offer this?

Dawn Amato
J. Knoph
Re: calendar for mail art events world wide?
October 20, 2003 10:14PM
Start one. Go to [www.calendars.net] Click on "Create Free Calendar" and go from there... The calendars are kept on their server... anyone can access it... you don't need a website... there are four levels of security, from completly open to anyone for posting, to very restrictive... the look of the calendar is almost completly modifiable... you can create entries with detailed pop-ups of all the information on a particular event, with links to other sites.

John
Dawn Amato
Re: calendar for mail art events world wide?
November 03, 2003 12:06AM
Thanks, John, I am too unsettled to try this but maybe someone can thinlk about it and get it going.

I also am not in the mix of what's happening.
I'm still on the fringes of mail art.
How does one go about finding out about all the exhibits and meetings going on all over the world?

I'll have to think on this somemore.

Dawn Amato
dADa Vark
Re: finding out about exhbits/meeting world wide?
November 03, 2003 08:04AM
One has to cast a wide net to find out about the myriad projects, exhibits, mailart congresses, etc. happening world-wide.

That is NOT meant to be a glib answer. The more involved you are with various networks the more you find they intersect.

There really is no ONE network... there are many, many interconnected networks. Some focus more on ATCs... some on rubber stamps... still others on decorated envelopes or artistamps or TTPO/bizarre objects, etc.

Some networks primarily exist thru snail mail networks... others online. Some are a hodge-podge of all of the above. Some are (no dount) E... none of the above!

keep on creating!

aardvark studios
pob 542913
dallas, tx 75354-2913 usa
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.