Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: Top-10 QUESTIONS about mail-art

Ruud Janssen - IUOMA
Top-10 QUESTIONS about mail-art
December 14, 2003 08:40PM
What questions do you have about Mail-Art? Place them here and see how the people here will react
honoria
December 15, 2003 06:02PM
My questions are:
1 - What are the effects of the Inernet on you as an individual mail artist? This question is for any mail artist who uses the Internet.
2 - What are the effects of the Internet on the Mail Art Network?
Ruud Janssen - IUOMA
December 15, 2003 10:12PM
One thing that has happened is that some mail-artists don't use the Internet and they still maintain the contact with snail-mail cointacts (they get less).

Also the Internet has made a lot of information available to the online world. But the artifacts and real mailings (objects) is somethings not all have experienced.

I try to keep a balance and use the snail-mail for my real production. The e-mail and sites are mostly for speedy communication and documentation for me. A don't like most Internet projects, although sometimes there are good conceots. Then I normally participate.

Looking for new things I guess, and the Internet isn't that new anymore (I've been using e-mail since 1985.....)

Ruud
Gik Juri
December 16, 2003 10:34AM
Dear Honoria!

1. Internet (more e-mail) is quicker then usual postal service, and I'm using e-mail to communicate with mail artists (verbal communication by means snail mail in Russia is almost impossible, because it's too slow, and people forgetting what they wrote). To show works at the sites is good idea, but I like more CD ROM-format (it's quicker in access and easier)
2. Main: more quick and wide contacts between mail artists (on the level of talks and texts, but not on the level of visual works)

With best wishes,
Juri
R.Leske
May 01, 2004 08:23PM
Schaut doch mal auf meine Seite
und macht mit .Peter sein Congress in Minden war super.
Projekt Filtert?te unter www.kunstralf.de einzusehen .
Einsendeschlu? vorl?ufig 1.07.04
Gru? Ralf
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.