Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

talk about boring.....

Dragonfly Dream
talk about boring.....
August 27, 2001 03:38PM
<HTML>Hello folks, speaking of folks, I wonder who is still here.....

I only read two posts this morning...I don't have the energy to read more battles. Life has rules, simple as that. Rules are not bad, they create guidelines. Now as a teenager I broke rules, it was fun, it was a challenge. But I'm done with that.
Mail art has it's "unwritten rules", the internet has it's ediquitte and rules too, so does life. One has to use a postage stamp or they will not deliver the mail....Kinda like saying please and thank you, or tipping your hat at a lady, or holding a door open for her,etc,etc.....

<A HREF="[www.dragonflydream.com">Dragonfly] Dream</a></HTML>
dADa Vark
Re: sound off
August 27, 2001 05:24PM
<HTML>I put my energy into creating and sending mailart this weekend. Thanks, Dragonfly, for posting so many calls on your website... it's a great resource.

So, who's left in the house to talk about mailart?

dADa
Aardvark Studios
PO Box 542913
Dallas, TX 75354-2913 USA</HTML>
RF C?t
August 27, 2001 06:29PM
<HTML>I am still there, kind of fed up with all that meaningless traffic from c...
Best regards!
Reg

P.S. I still need some help in order to complete my mailart Christmas Crib (natavity scene) project. Anyone interested? Send me an e-mail for details. Thanx!</HTML>
Kate S.
August 27, 2001 07:51PM
<HTML>Yea! Normalcy agin.... at least as normal as mail artists will ever be! Nice to hear from you non-feuders this am. Onwards & upwards!
K</HTML>
Sandragons
August 28, 2001 06:11AM
<HTML>Recently received the beautifully done documentation of "La Donna Ieri E Oggi" project from Linda Pelati. Thank you, Linda. Have been spending some time in the last couple weeks contacting some of the new (to me) folks who participated. Am a little created-out right now, but new inspiration arrives by mail daily. No doubt will be off and running soon again.

Sandragons
P. O. Box 486
Otis Orchards, WA 99027-0486
U. S. A.</HTML>
honoria
August 28, 2001 12:00AM
<HTML>I'm here. Checking in at the end of the work day. This weekend I typed up some of the list from the wonderful things people have sent for my dissertation show which will be in the spring ( I HOPE!). Starting to get ready for dissertationing and documentationing too. Thanks to all who sent work to Clashing and Converging. //honoria</HTML>
kiyotei
August 28, 2001 05:27PM
<HTML>Here, sir!

50 push-ups for PVT. Craigster!

Received great docs from Rae and NataLukas for their recent calls.

Added a bunch of new <a href="[art.net]; mailart calls</a> to the den.

Stop by and read the <a href="[art.net]; Egghead</a> interview.

kiyotei
(mailart bootcamp is hard)</HTML>
Kate S.
August 28, 2001 07:54PM
<HTML>"mail art bootcamp was hard".... and THAT was just the fittings for those little canvas shoes, yes?

Thanx for showing us more aspects and additional links to the EdMan, Kiyotei.
Ed's carvings & additions adorn many pieces that eventually pass through my hands. I also love the envelopes and treasure 'em,
so it was good to learn more about their creator.
Sure the art stands alone, but human curiousity always enjoys the additional dimensions a little background info. permits. Don't you all appreciate the little notes & hi-de-hoes that come with many of your in-mailings?.. the little clues that add to the communication aspect of this art form?

Mahalo, too, for your own dog days docs., Mr. K., with the wunnerful creature, half suit/half hound - a unique take on the hand that feeds... thanks again
Kate (who's melting off mainland in humidity hell)</HTML>
rae's of sun
August 29, 2001 04:44AM
<HTML>Greetings -

What a pleasant thread... and it's all about mail art. What a change.

I'd like to pose a mail art question -

When you plan your call/project, how do you decide on the topic?

I try to keep it simple so that it translates easily. (If you look up bird in any language you should be able to get the idea.) Some projects are so deep it takes me forever to figure out something appropriate, than I miss the deadline. Any discussion??

Rae's of Sun</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
September 01, 2001 09:59PM
<HTML>ok, ok, so we all know I am here huh!</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.