Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

can I join ur group?

wini pooh
can I join ur group?
March 09, 2002 11:17AM
<HTML>to everyboby in mail art...
hihi, i am wini from san francisco and curious about the mail art, how can i submit artwork or how can i start to be a mail artist....? I am highly interested about this global art-movement, so please reply me back the detail.....thank you.
wini pooh</HTML>
Julia
Re: can I join ur group?
March 09, 2002 01:58PM
<HTML>Hi Wini,
you can find a lot of mail art calls on this page and in the internet. Create something to the theme and send it to the person. You will get a documentation back.
Or you can start an own mail art project.
Or you can send some mail art of you (drawings, collages, whatever you want) to other mail art artist.
I am always happy about mail art. Please send me something if you want, and I will you send something of me.
My adress is:
Julia Faust
Louis-Weber-Strasse 13
D-36364 Bad Salzschlirf
Germany

Have fun and take care!!!</HTML>
Polarbird
March 10, 2002 10:08PM
<HTML>Welcome,
There is a call at my site:
www.geocities.com/polarbird
and links to other sites as well. You are welcome to send something to me. Come on and jump in the pool.</HTML>
Sally
May 04, 2002 01:49AM
<HTML>I am a teacher and have a millde school art class. I have just been introduced to mail art. I am looking for things for my class to enter. Any suggestions and would it be appropriate for a whole class to send things?</HTML>
kiyotei
May 06, 2002 08:31PM
<HTML>Sally,

It is *completely* appropriate and most mail artists will welcome the multiple submissions. You may want to indicate in your mailing (if it is a mass mailing) whether one documentation is sufficient or whether you want each student to receive one. Obviously it would be easier (and less expensive) to get one for the entire class.

I suggest that you look around at some calls and see if something interests you or your class. - Maybe pick a few and take a class vote - that would help to get the kids involved and promote some quality interaction. Or you could even print out a huge list and let each student pick their own call to participate in.

You should probably ensure that they use your school adress as the return address (for obvious reasons).

Take a look at the calls on this message board or visit some other sources:

[art.net]
[knoph.com]
[www.sztuka-fabryka.be]
[books.dreambook.com]
[books.dreambook.com]
[www.dork.com]

& see if anything would be interesting.
Please post here later and let us know if it was a success and if your students enjoyed the process.

Sounds like good clean fun!

kiyotei
(eating the dunce cap)</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login