Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Unexpected Mail Art Show

Bloo
Unexpected Mail Art Show
June 12, 2002 03:39AM
<HTML>This is a mail art call which is totally unexpected at the destination! This is my favorite coffee place, and they always have cool art on the walls, so I think that they will graciously receive and display the art. Because it _is_ unexpected, though, I figured it would be nice to have a polite explanation to go along with the art.

Please send your art to:

Black Dog Cafe,
229 Lake Ella Dr
Tallahassee FL 32303

Please make all art pieces as close to postcard size as you can (but don't fret over it), and _please_ include on the back the following (which you may cut and paste or paraphrase as long as the meaning is kept):

+-----------------------------Unexpected Art in the Mail?-------------------------+

Well, it's better than junk mail, isn't it? This is part of the Unexpected Mail Art Show, which has been "organized", sort of, by one of your patrons.
Mail Art is just what it sounds like, Art in postal form. Mail artists worldwide have been asked to send their works to you by September 1, 2002, so hopefully you will receive the majority in August. We hope that you enjoy the idea and display the art. Even if you don't please do not blame the artists. If you have any questions, comments, or problems, please send e-mail to blooflame, at comcast.net, thanks
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

This is a nice little coffeehouse, on a small pond that people walk their kids around. That may influence what pieces the recipients choose to display, so you might want to bear it in mind.
This is my first ever mail art call - I hope that it is as fun as I imagine.

Thanks!</HTML>
Bloo
Re: Unexpected Mail Art Show
June 17, 2002 03:10AM
<HTML>I forgot to add, that the deadline is September 1st and I will try to document the show somehow (remember I am new so be patient please).</HTML>
bloo
June 17, 2002 03:30AM
<HTML>Oh, and one more thing - if people can send me e-mail of other places to post the call (or forward it yourself if you wish) I'd appreciate it. I would love for art to come from all over!</HTML>
Reg
June 17, 2002 01:25PM
<HTML>I posted your call on LiveJournal.com
It had many responses so far.</HTML>
bloo
August 05, 2002 09:10PM
<HTML>I've already seen one piece of art arrive - I can't tell who sent it, because it's too high for me to reach (and I don't want to give myself away, just yet <grin>). Whoever sent it, thanks!</HTML>
Bloo
October 25, 2002 03:34AM
<HTML>Finally!! They have put several of the pieces up. I then revealed that I was the instigator of the show and they thought it was pretty cool, they were waiting for enough space to open up to hang the stuff. Thanks to one and all. I will _try_ to document this somehow, but I don't know how I'm going to do that, yet...</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login