Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: Inspiration Needed

Something Creative
Inspiration Needed
October 19, 2002 07:05PM
<HTML>An Invitation --

Who - Something Creative, a start up tiny little gallery and paper arts supply sorta place who has taken it upon themselves to try to bring a spark to our town that will MAYBE set off a fire of creative outreaching that will enrich the lives of those living here in our quiet little stifled town.

What - Call for Art and/or Objects related to Creative Personal
Expression and How it Enriches YOUR life (and the lives of those with
whom you communicate). Size doesn't matter (nothing mondo huge
though). We will help with postage if necessary. Altered Postcards,
altered books, altered documents, collage, crazy artsy dolls are a few
ideas of things we would LOVE and appreciate receiving! But ANY
expression of yourself would be wonderful. (our town folks are a little
squeemish about nuditiy, BUT, maybe a bit wouldn't hurt :-) ).

When - Now! We are opening in early-mid November and hope to have one of our rooms filled with mail-art, collage-art, any sort of art that you create, would like to donate and that will inspire others to create and communicate. These items will NOT be sold, but they will be photographed, documented and displayed respectfully and artistically in our physical space and will also be either scanned or photographed and featured on our website. All creative rights and ownership will remain with YOU, the creator. (We'll even sign a paper to say so if you want us to.) We're also hoping to create a display for vacant storefronts here in our town.

Where - Our physical space is in Lewistown, PA. a small Central Pennsylvania town in dire need of creative inspiration and huge injections of mind opening input from those who's lives are positively influenced by personal artistic expression.

How - Make stuff and send it to:
Something Creative
22A N Main Street
Lewistown, PA 17044
email: risa@somethingcreative.com
We will email you the DAY we receive your wonderful things!

P.S. If you would like, we can make your address available to the folks here and maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will be inspired enough to send something back to you! If you don't want your address or name to be made available, just let us know.</HTML>
Banana Book Home
Re: Inspiration Needed
October 27, 2002 01:10AM
<HTML>SOmething,
I have aaltered book I would like a real home for and you sound like a real home. It's small like a child's primer to politica. NO NUDITY! Is this call on-going and yes please give my address. The book is in the mail if I ever get to the post office.
Thank you,
Jacqui In ILLinOIS+noise</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login