Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Year of the Golden Rabbit Mail Art Call

Year of the Golden Rabbit Mail Art Call
June 11, 2011 01:12AM
The Year of the Golden Rabbit Mail Art Call

Every 60 years, in the Chinese lunar calendar, you will see the recurrence of your own birth year's combination of animal and element.  I was born in a year of the metal rabbit and here it is again for the first time since then.  I'm celebrating by hosting a mail art call on the theme of The Year of the Golden Rabbit.  It began in January of 2011 and will end in January of 2012.  There is ongoing documentation here: [tinyurl.com] and I am hosting an IUOMA (International Union of Mail Artists) group on the topic here [tinyurl.com

Deadline: January 22nd 2012

Anything to do with rabbits or hares, visually or conceptually, is welcome.  No fees, no returns, no jury, docs to all who participate.  Format: free - especially welcome are artistamps, postcards, and artist trading cards.  Music on the theme is also welcome via email (mp3) or on CD.  

Carla Cryptic and/or Golden Rabbit Call
PO Box 1274
Berkeley, CA  94701
USA

Email: carlacryptic at yahoo.com (replace 'at' with '@')

All year long, submissions will be added to my flickr page devoted to the show (see URL above).  I will also be sending a postcard to everyone who submits art to me and includes a return address and, last but not least, there will be a formal documentation of the show in February of 2012 which will go out to all participants.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login