Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Mail Art Call: Gender lessons for my teacher

Mail Art Call: Gender lessons for my teacher
November 15, 2012 12:31AM
MAILART-EXHIBIT: Theme- "Dear Teacher: Lessons in gender and gender expression”.

Please respond by creating a letter/message to a teacher in which you give, or report on a lesson you learned about gender or gender expression while you were in school.

Only original works of mail art are accepted, no photocopies.

Size: max. 8 1/2" x 11". Please send one or two dimensional works only.

Quantity: 1 artwork per artist.

Send your artwork by regular mail only. If you wish to receive a digital image of the final art display, please include an email address. Unless you indicate otherwise, all references to your identity will be removed from the mail art and displayed anonymously.

Deadline: April 30, 3013
No jury, no return, no fee, no sale

This project has been reviewed and approved by the University of Victoria research ethics office. Interested individuals need to review the informed consent document, posted on the weblog: “Gender Lessons: My first mail art project”. Visit the website www.genderlessonsformyteacher.wordpress.com or email the researcher, Dr. Catherine McGregor at cmcgreg@uvic.ca to receive a copy.

Documentation: All entries will be documented visually and posted on a wordpress page (http:lessonsformyteacher.wordpress.com)
Entries will be exhibited at the University of Victoria during the CSSE Congress conference, June 1-5th, 2013.

Agreement to participate in this research project is given and agreement to post/display your work anonymously is implied by your participation in this mail art project.
Thank you, I am looking forward to receiving your artwork.

Send to: Dr. Catherine McGregor, Leadership Studies, University of Victoria, Faculty of Education.
PO Box 1700 STN CSC, Victoria, BC. V8W 2Y2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login