Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: fake Ray Johnson for sale ebay

Bill Wilson
fake Ray Johnson for sale ebay
April 30, 2002 06:08AM
<HTML>After a tough day flying in from San Francisco: an item on ebay, 864772444 is clearly signed Ray C. Johnson, and is honestly stamped Fake Collage by Ray Johnson. The item is a genuine authentic work by Richard C., an honest fake. (Ask Richard C. about just went on between him and Fay Ache!). I am sure that the seller has acted in good faith, but perhaps simply doesn't believe his eyes. Ray is Raymond Edward Johnson, Richard C. is a different kettle of fishy collages. Since rain rien is the phantom of ebay, I don't know but that he should buy this collage by Richard C. Richard curated the show in North Carolina, with the amazing catalogue for which I wrote the astonishing introduction. Steven Leiber has since copied that catalogue with a commercial catalogue of items for sale, so don't think it hasn't been fun! Ebay is becoming a play by Pirandello with illustrations by Piranesi, while rain rien stands by holding my wallet. Listen to the name, Richard C.: what is his nickname? Dick. Dick C.
And/or Dixie.</HTML>
honoria
May 01, 2002 06:51PM
<HTML>What did go on between Richard C. and Fay Ache?
Did it involve fake Ray Johnson collages?
Thanks for pointing to the dramatic mail art subplots on ebay!</HTML>
Bill Wilson
May 02, 2002 02:45AM
<HTML>Richard C. constructed a rather large collage which he gave to me. On the collage is the name, Fay Ache, a clear enough revelation that the collage is FAKE. It's a little damaged by water or cat pee. Richard is OK, but has inadvertently caused confusions that blur the sharp-focus delineation of Ray Johnson's life and art. I don't understand the artist in California who said that his art is stealing Ray Johnson collages; or the artist who after Ray drowned forged messages as though mailed by Ray. I do not understand the attempts to reduce a genius to the level of the untalented and resentful slugs who, figuring art is about novelty, rather than about giving one's life to visual thinking about one's reality, offer their futile gestures as their claims for attention. Visual trustworthiness is a value, so that those who undermine the trustworthiness of aesthetic experience are fouling the nests that could provide security for them until they learn to fly on their own. The person who was auctioning the collage (which was up for auction not very long ago as a Ray Johnson) has written that the situation has been straightened out (which tells me nothing). That person bought a fake in good faith because he didn't believe his eyes. I am sorry that I intervened, because people get sued for disauthenticating works of art, so I was taking a chance.</HTML>
honoria
May 03, 2002 01:03AM
<HTML>Duh! Fay Ache, an alternative spelling for fake... I feel so Stu Pydd!</HTML>
Bill Wilson
May 03, 2002 01:11AM
<HTML>Honoria: don't put yourself down, for when you do, you spoil the pleasures of those people who are ready and eager to put you down. And as for Fay Ache, and FAKE, don't feel stupid. I bought a book on-line, persuaded that the illustrations would be by Ray Johnson, as indeed they were, but not Raymond Edward Johnson. I mailed the book to rain rien, who seems to be studying a book about how a guy can become an iron butterfly.</HTML>
honoria
May 03, 2002 11:01PM
<HTML>I mailed a collage of 13 pennies and a tender button to rain rien yesterday. I wonder what will arrive in the mail from him. I like the new $4.00 Rain Rien too.</HTML>
Merlin
May 21, 2002 11:09PM
<HTML>Ray< would talk about this-
no problem - now ebay xists so let us conquer ebay while
offering our art and nonses dada and flux US.

Beuys in Germoney did too.

Do not care about - use this system instead of systems while
seeming part of it against....

Read mailart and act international without hate and a lot of fanasia.

I have a lot of very precious and famous mailart artworks to sell!!
better to sell it at ebay than it all got lost caus e I m tired now.

and the money coming in? - ok will become send out again to
mailartists!

Money and souls will mix- money today means - poor people +
will have something to eat, poor artists some colours to paint.

Our souls are mixing in this way, and this is gold worth.
Merlin</HTML>
honoria
money magic for merlin on ebay
May 30, 2002 06:36PM
<HTML>Yes, Merlin, I agree -- ebay is the very spot for mail artists! It's a wild frontier where we are unexpected, where we can hide in the dadabases and play with the features. I too think Rain Rien Nevermind's use of eBay can teach mail artists today a lot. I'd like to hear more about eBay experiments such as Kiyotei selling Sci Sam. What's the story?</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.