Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: FARRAGO POETRY & MAIL ART MAGAZINE

Reed Altemus
FARRAGO POETRY & MAIL ART MAGAZINE
May 16, 2001 12:11AM
<HTML>After two years and four issues , the ?UNDU Review? is changing its name. The last issue of ?UNDU Review? was realized as red (text) and black (page art by featured artists) photocopies which functioned both as a poetry magazine and a mail art information dissemination point. I wanted to provide a forum for the creative verbo-visual work, especially visual & experimental poetry being done in the underground/marginal networks as well as helping those who have projects or exhibitions going reach more people The first three issues of ?UNDU? were ASCII poetry and project announcements, but I always kept in mind that the graphic limitations of email prevented me from showing a lot of the excellent work which was reaching me by other channels. Then, when, due to unavoidable circumstances, I was without Internet access for a few months, I decided to do an ?UNDU Review? as photocopy sent via regular mail. Of course the costs for postage were considerably more, but what made me happy was the strength of the featured art which made the cost of mailing it worth the money. Then one day, while browsing through the dictionary I came across a word which perfectly suited the mission of my zine: ?farrago?, which ,according to the New Oxford English Dictionary means "mixed fodder for cattle, a medley, a confused group, a mixture, a hotch potch". And so, a new name for the magazine was adopted. Now to the specifics. ?Farrago? will appear twice a year, in June and December. It will continue the mission of ?UNDU Review?: poetry or page art in 8.5X11? black & white or European A-4, information on mail art projects and exhibitions, and written commentary about the subjects at hand which might bounce into my mailbox. The first issue will feature a review of Luc Fierens? POSTFLUXFLUXBOOKLETS, page art by Malok, Pete Fischer, Melissa McCarthy and Ficus Strangulensis, and the usual hot mail art info. To participate submit your project or show invitations, standard-size black& white graphics, visual/experimental poetry or copy-art, or written texts to:

FARRAGO
16 Blanchard Rd. Cumberland ME 04021-9598 USA raltemus@earthlink.net</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
Re: FARRAGO POETRY &amp; MAIL ART MAGAZINE
May 23, 2001 12:18AM
<HTML>Awesome, this sounds great Reed!!! I will certainly participate when I can!</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.