Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: mail-art in Norwegian Ray Johnson show

Bill Wilson
mail-art in Norwegian Ray Johnson show
January 02, 2003 06:13PM
<HTML>Ray Johnson in Norway: A show curated by Ina Blom opens at the National Museum of Contemporary Art in Oslo on Jan. 11, 2003. It reappears at Museum Fridericianum Kassel, Germany on March 29, and at Museum Het Domein Sittard in the Netherlands on May 31.

The catalogue can be ordered:

The National Museum of Contemporary Art
(The Bookstore)
Pb 8191 Dep
0034 Oslo
Norway

Phone Museum bookstore +47 22862215
(Phone Museum +47 22862210)
Email Bookstore: gh@mfs.museum.no
Museum website: www.museumsnett.no/mfs/

Norwegian/English and Norwegian/German catalogues both exist, so be precise.

From descriptions, this catalogue will have the first complete illustration of the contents of an envelope compiled and mailed by Ray Johnson--many pages in color.

The National Museum will have one showing of "How to draw a bunny." In the current Village Voice, visible on-line, the documentary film has been honored in several lists critics have made of their choices in 2002.</HTML>
Bill Wilson
Re: mail-art in Norwegian Ray Johnson show
January 12, 2003 04:10PM
<HTML>The Ray Johnson show in Oslo, Norway, has opened. I think that I can share with you a message from the curator. Ina Blom writes:

...the vitrine tables fill up so much of the room, they force people to move quite close to the works on the wall. Which was my intention - I want them to read these images as letters, not just look at them like visual composistions, from a distance.

In another small room, an installation of the gift box with dated envelopes (with moticos) given to La Monte Young, with some of the moticos hanging on strings from the ceiling.

(also, my daughter, who is 12, and who has just started to read novels in English, found Ray incredibly funny. It was a thrill to see her move through the space, looking, reading and laughing out loud)...

[Again, information about ordering the catalogue is in my prior message.]</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.