Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Mail Art Not War!

Advanced

Re: Add to Mail Art Research

honoria
Add to Mail Art Research
July 04, 2001 07:04PM
<HTML><a href="[ccwf.cc.utexas.edu] Questions</a>

This summer I am collecting the opinions of mail artists who also participate in electronic network activities, such as contributing to mail art message boards. Please look at the research questions at [ccwf.cc.utexas.edu]

It is important that as many networkers participate in the research as possible because the more networkers' voices and opinions, the more accurate the research will be. Answer one or more of the questions on the list of 9 questions to help construct the picture of the current state of mail art and to help sketch possible future scenarios for the Eternal Network.

Thank You!</HTML>
Dragonfly Dream
July 06, 2001 05:22PM
<HTML>Hey Gal, you got me already don't you!
I'll go look and see what's up at the link tho!
~Dragonfly Dream</HTML>
honoria
July 06, 2001 09:39PM
<HTML>Dear Dragonfly Dream,
The questions on the EMMA link are similar to the questions you answered in the Ohio interview. The questioning experience in Ohio at the Fake Ray Johnson Weekend was a pilot study to test the questions and the questionnaire itself on real mail artists. As a result of the pilot study I revised the questions and the order to the following. If you have further thoughts in any of the categories just send them on:-) Thank you so much for helping in the pilot phase. I can't tell you how much I learned from those initital interviews!

I should add, of course, anyone participating does not have to answer all the questions. Answer any of the questions about which you have feelings or knowledge.

Here are the questions:

1.How did you first become involved in mail art?
2.Describe your personal current and future directions in mail art.
3.Describe your personal current and future directions using the Internet.
4.Please describe similarities in mail art and Internet networking systems, stratgies, and values.
5.Please describe diffferences in mail art and Internet networking systems, stratgies, and values.
6.What do you think are the general directions of Mail Art now and in the near future?
7.What do you think are the general directions of the Internet now and in the near future?
8.Please provide the URLs and a brief description of your favorite mail art website(s). What do you appreciate about the site(s) you described?
9.What have you learned from your networked art experiences?

Your answers will be compiled together with other mail artists' responses. I will send participants a draft of the chapter in which your observations appear so that you can review the results of the questionnaire and to make sure that your words are used in a way in which you agree. You will have an opportunity to revise or delete your part of the research from the draft before it is published on the web and in the dissertation report.

Please include contact information

Your Mail Art name
Your email address
Your postal address
Your URL

Thank You!!!
honoria</HTML>
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.